HPPR hosts & contributors
Employment opportunities at HPPR
HPPR Employment Opportunities
HPPR is currently seeking qualified and committed applicants for the following positions: Underwriting Sales Representative- Texas
This full-time position promotes and sells sponsorship of programs and events on HPPR through direct customer contacts in Amarillo and the Texas panhandle. Specifically, this position schedules sales calls and submits reports of sales activities, identifies prospective customers and compiles information on competitive products. Salary is base plus commission with full benefits package.
Supervisor: Director of Business Support
Location: Amarillo, TX
- Listen to and familiar with programs on High Plains Public Radio.
- College courses in business, marketing, or telecommunications and 3-5 years of successful sales experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- The ability to deal effectively with a variety of public and private clients and groups; excellent written and verbal communication skills; and proficiency with computer software including Microsoft Office, Google Docs, and online searches.
- Experience in personal and electronic contact of prospective and client companies, the use of media research tools, and the creation of presentation materials.
- Successful track record meeting and exceeding sales goals.
- Strong communication skills required including diplomacy, negotiating, writing correspondence, and oral presentations to individuals and groups.
- Must have experience in dealing with business, corporations, and agencies on a professional level.
- Current driver’s license and ability to travel around Amarillo, the Texas panhandle and periodically out of state for meetings.
Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for meeting sales goals of program and event sponsorship.
- Represent station at community networking events.
- Maintain relationship with current client base.
- Prospect for new clients.
- Service accounts including writing copy, working with other departments as necessary to produce and traffic spots.
- Complete all required paperwork.
- Attends weekly development department meetings via phone conference.
Non-essential Job Functions
- Attendance at station fundraising and other special events as requested.
- Public speaking as needed.
- Media sales experience a plus.
- Understanding of or experience in non-profit fundraising a plus.
- Established business contacts a plus.
- Must have the ability to work under pressure on a number of simultaneous projects.
Applications accepted until the position is filled.
Qualified applicants should send a letter of interest and resume to:
ATTN: Deb Oyler
210 N 7th Street
Garden City, KS 67846 or
The Kanza Society Inc. (dba High Plains Public Radio) is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Click here to view the most recent FCC Annual EEO Public File Report. Click here to view the most recent FCC Form 396 Broadcast Equal Employment Opportunity Program Report filing.