HPPR hosts & contributors
Major Annual Membership
Make a real difference by joining as an HPPR Pioneer +
HPPR's strength comes from its broad base of members from many walks of life, various economic means and communities of all sizes. They collectively provide HPPR's largest source of income. Another, less visible but vital source of strength is the commitment of those who give "more than the usual share". Among HPPR's members, those giving $1,000 or more annually account for less than 2% of contributors but provide over 20% of total contributions. These relative few truly make public radio possible on the High Plains.
You can join those who make a real difference by contributing at one of HPPR's higher membership levels. It's a way of demonstrating that you appreciate the value of listening to in-depth news and information, timeless music and genuine entertainment. And it shows you understand the value to your community of having informed and engaged citizens, access to cultural and educational programming, and a voice of intelligence, curiosity and civility available on the air waves.
There are different levels and benefits of such membership support and optional ways to pledge and give. Your annual contribution at one of HPPR's major membership levels will provide real value to you and others across the High Plains.
Membership levels Benefits and recognitionPioneer
$1,000 - $2,499
- Premium of your choice (from among all available items)
- 2 day sponsorships annually
- Select seating at HPPR events
- Studio or transmitter site tour with HPPR's Executive Director
- Newsletter from the Executive Director on station developments
- Periodic polling for yours views and guidance
- On-air and web recognition of your support (if desired)
$2,500 - $4,999All of the above plus …
- 4 day sponsorships annually
$5,000 - $9,999All of the above plus …
- 8 day sponsorships annually
$10,000 +All of the above plus …
- 12 day sponsorships annually
Ways to pledge and givePledge conveniently and securely on-line and arrange to pay by credit card or direct billing. If you prefer the postal service, you can contribute by downloading and completing a mail-in membership form.
Download a mail-in membership form (PDF, Word)Make your contribution on a monthly basis by automatic bank draft, credit card or direct billing. A manageable monthly amount can provide significant annual support. For example:
- $100 or $200 a month to be a Pioneer
- $300 or $400 month to be a Groundbreaker
- $500 a month to be a Trailblazer
Pledge your monthly support now and select a monthly payment optionYou can also become a Sustaining Member at one of HPPR’s major donor levels by authorizing HPPR to automatically debited your bank account or charge your credit charge monthly on an ongoing basis. It's convenient, saves everyone resources and your membership stays active until you tell us otherwise.
Learn more about signing-up as a sustaining memberMake your contribution by donating appreciated securities. It may be financially advantageous to contribute to HPPR by donating appreciated securities. You may receive a tax deduction for their full value and avoid capital gains taxes.
See details for transferring securities to HPPROffer your annual membership as a challenge grant to leverage your support. Such challenges are a proven way to spur listeners to contribute for the first time and prompt existing members to renew. Challenge grants are also very effective at motivating our on-air staff and volunteers to make sure that the full challenge is met and no money is "left on the table".
Learn more about making challenge grantsThe value of your "extra share" support Every $1,000 you contribute to HPPR provides the funding needed to:
- Operate HPPR's entire operation for almost seven hours. ($3,500 will operate HPPR for one full day.)
- Cover the fees to NPR for broadcast of over 21 hours of Morning Edition or All Things Considered. ($1,250 will cover the cost of NPR news programming for a week.)
- Enable HPPR to reach 200 targeted individuals with a multi-part campaign to increase their awareness of HPPR, encourage their listening and solicit their membership.
There are many possibilities for designating your annual membership to support particular needs and opportunities for ensuring, extending and enhancing HPPR's service to your community and the High Plains region. Learn more about ways to designate your major gift.