· High Plains Public Radio sponsors live music concerts across the High Plains. Most shows are scheduled for venues in the Amarillo, TX area or at HPPR’s studio in Garden City, KS—but we are always looking for hosts in towns across our listening region. We primarily book shows for Friday or Saturday nights, as those nights draw a bigger crowd.
· These concerts are free and open to the public, though we suggest a $15 donation at the door. Proceeds go to the artist, with a small stipend for the venue donating their space). Because these are community concerts, we do not provide minimum cash guarantees for artists. Think of these shows as an opportunity to get your music heard in our region and to sell some merchandise.
· Shows must consist of original music or traditional/public domain songs – no covers.
· Our sponsors provide coffee and snacks for our audience at most concerts.
· We support our performers with on-air play, promotions (email, posters, social media, community calendars, etc.), and in-studio performances (if the artist is able to arrive at our studio between 10:00 to 11:00 a.m. on Friday).
· If you have a concert booked, please be sure to provide us with the following at least ONE MONTH before your show: your most recent music release(s), information about you/your band, and high-resolution photos.
· Timing: We usually do load-in around 5:00 p.m., sound check at 5:30 p.m., doors at 7:00 p.m., and then the show starts at 7:30 p.m. Usually, artists will play their first set for about an hour, take a 15-minute break (for merchandise sales and mingling), and then play their final set for about an hour.
· Sound: We have sound equipment, but we welcome artists that have their own as well. Please advise what you need and/or prefer, and we’ll make it happen. If you have questions, please call us at 806.367.9088.
· If you want the concert audio recorded, please advise. We have access to a digital audio recorder. (We don’t have video, but we can film a song or two if a camera/phone is provided.)