HPPR hosts & contributors
Sun August 4, 2013
Help to Understanding the Affordable Care Act
Whatever term you give it, the Affordable Care Act or Obamacare, enrollment begins October 1 with coverage effective January 1. To help negotiate the healthcare maze, the Kansas Health Institute reported there’s help: a nationwide interactive map and town hall meetings across Kansas.
The interactive map allows viewers to look at each state, zoom in even closer on a zip code level, and see the impact of the Affordable Care Act. Users can also find where the largest number of uninsured reside. The map also breaks down demographics like: race, age, gender, and language spoken at home
The goal of the Kansas Insurance Department meetings is to give an overview of the act, provide an explanation of the process, and answer any questions. Here’s the list of locations and times:
- Overland Park: 7 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 17 at KU Edwards campus, Best Conference Center, 12604 Quivira Road.
- Wichita: 2 p.m. and 7 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 19 at the Wichita State University Hughes Metropolitan Complex, 5015 E. 29th Street North.
- Hays: 2 p.m. Monday, Sept. 23 at Hays Medical Center, Hadley Conference Rooms, 2220 Canterbury Road.
- Hays: 7 p.m. Monday, Sept. 23 at Fort Hays State University Memorial Union Ballroom, College Drive.
- Dodge City: 7 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 24 at Dodge House Hotel and Convention Center, 2408 W. Wyatt Earp Blvd.
- Salina: 7 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 25 at Salina Regional Heath Center, Conference Rooms 6 & 7, 400 S. Santa Fe.
- Pittsburg: 7 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 26 at Memorial Auditorium and Convention Center, Auditorium B6/7, 503 N. Pine.
- Topeka: 2 p.m. and 6:45 p.m. Monday, Sept. 30 at Topeka and Shawnee County Public Library, Marvin Auditorium, 1515 SW 10th Avenue.