Record Breaking Year for Fort Hays State University
Enrollment figures are in for Kansas, and it’s a record setting year for Fort Hays State University according to a recent press release from FHSU.
Here’s the break down:
- Total number of students is up 1 percent from last year- 13,441. That is the largest enrollment in the history of the university.
- 962 on-campus freshmen are enrolled, making this the biggest freshmen class in the school’s history.
- Hispanic enrollment is up 16.8 percent.
- Graduate school numbers are up 7 percent.
- Virtual college enrollment is up 8.1 percent.
Last month the enrollment figures were released for Texas and Oklahoma. This is how they stacked up:
- West Texas A&M University up 5 percent, a record-breaking 8,389 students
- Amarillo College is down 5 percent with 10,824 students
- Oklahoma Panhandle State University enrollment is up slightly with 1,391 students